Yard Waste Disposal
Reminder: The Brown Wheelers are for trash, and the Green Wheelers are for recycling.
Rumpke provides yard waste pick every Monday. In the winter months starting with the first Monday of December, Rumpke will pick up yard waste only when you have called them at 1-800-828-8171 to schedule a pickup. You must call by the Friday before noon if you need a Monday pickup from December 4, 2023, through March 4, 2024. [For the December 4, 2023 pick up you would have needed to call Rumpke by Friday, December 1]. Automatic pick-up (without having to call) will resume on Monday, March 4, 2024.
Yard waste must be to the curb and properly prepared and stickered by 6 am on Monday mornings. You may place your items on the curb after 4 pm on Sunday evenings.
Please note the following guidelines for yard waste disposal
- All yard waste must be separated and placed at the curb in separate containers or bundles that are tied together.
- A blue yard waste sticker for each 35-gallon container is required and may be purchased at the City Building for $2.50. If you are using a paper lawn bag, each bag must have a $2.50 sticker attached as well and each yard waste bag must not weigh more than 50 pounds.
- If you are using a container that is larger than 35-gallon you must attach additional stickers in order for it to be collected.
- Place yard waste loosely in a trash can with a lid and handles or in a paper yard waste bag (yard waste paper bags are sold at most hardware and grocery stores).
- The 35-gallon container can weigh no more than 50 pounds.
- No plastic bags can be used. No wheelbarrows, paper bins, Tyvek-type collapsible bins, or metal barrels will be accepted.
- Sticks shall be bundled (and tied) in lengths no more than four feet in length, two feet in diameter, and weigh no more than 50 pounds per bundle. A sticker is required for each bundle. If you are placing limbs in a trash can, the can must have a lid on it to prevent workers from being injured.
- Yard waste must be placed at the curb by 6 am on Monday or after 4 pm on Sunday evenings.
- Please note: Only yard waste prepared correctly and containing the proper amount of yard waste stickers will be collected by Rumpke.
- Do not use brown household trash or green recycle wheelers for yard waste.
- You can rent a yard waste wheeler from Rumpke by calling them at 1-800-828-8171. They will provide you with additional information and answer any questions you may have.
If you feel your yard waste was properly prepared but was missed for pick up, you must report the issue directly to Rumpke at 1-800-828-8171.