Police Department Employment
Full-Time Police Officer
(OPOTA Certified or currently enrolled in OPOTA certification program)
2022 Salary Range – $68,526 to $85,439 (does NOT reflect 100% pension pickup)
Starting salary commensurate with experience.
Applications are being accepted for the position of full-time Police Officer with the Wyoming Police Department. We are a service-oriented, progressive law enforcement agency that embraces the community-oriented policing philosophy and respects and values our officers. Our Police Officer’s duties include protecting life and property, enforcement of laws and ordinances, routine patrol, investigation, traffic enforcement, specialized assignments, community outreach, and general calls for service.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must be able to work as part of a team and in a professional atmosphere.
- Must have strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Background must be free of prior felony convictions and certain misdemeanor convictions.
- All tattoos must be completely covered when in uniform and/or on duty.
Must be physically capable of successfully performing the essential job functions of the Police Officer classification and be free of medical conditions that would preclude one from successfully performing said functions or would pose a direct threat to the health or safety of oneself or others.
OPOTA certified or currently enrolled in an OPOTA Certification Program.
- Generous vacation and leave policy
- Accrued sick time with another department can be transferred
- Service time can be transferred and will be used for purposes of calculating vacation
- 12-hour work schedule with every other weekend off
- “Kelly” time is awarded every 2 weeks
- Health/Dental/Vision/Life insurance available
- Paid uniforms and dry cleaning
- Workout on duty
- Facial hair policy
- Excellent work/personal life balance
- Specialized assignments available (SWAT/Honor Guard/Dive/Arson)
- Longevity Pay
- Generous training opportunities
OPOTA-certified officers need to submit an application and a cover letter expressing interest to the Wyoming Police Department before 4 pm on August 25th, 2023. For those currently enrolled in an OPOTA certification program, documentation of current enrollment and application is required.
Applications may be obtained at the Wyoming Police Department
600 Grove Avenue
Or download the Employment Application (PDF).
Applicants that have had disciplinary action in the past five years that resulted in suspension or loss of pay will not be considered. Successful candidates must be able to pass an extensive background investigation, a polygraph exam, a psychological exam, and a medical/physical exam.
For questions Email Jennifer Lattire or call 513-842-1367.